Globe GIS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» GIS training centers in Bangalore
points in polygon with certain distance EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:51 pm by Ronney

» Chicago Festival of maps continues
points in polygon with certain distance EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:53 am by victoria justice

» Province of BC unlocks digital data and strikes a deal with Google
points in polygon with certain distance EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:47 am by victoria justice

» share GPS tracks via Google Earth
points in polygon with certain distance EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:45 am by victoria justice

» GIS for Web Developers: Adding ‘Where’ to Your Web Applications
points in polygon with certain distance EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 1:34 am by prabhakar

» How to Design a GIS Project
points in polygon with certain distance EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 4:37 am by sean flynn

» ArcGIS Desktop 9.3: New KML Export Support
points in polygon with certain distance EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 4:34 am by sean flynn

» ArcGIS 9.3: ESRI Resource Centers
points in polygon with certain distance EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 4:25 am by sean flynn

» Help for interview..urgent
points in polygon with certain distance EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:28 am by ironore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

points in polygon with certain distance

3 posters

Go down

points in polygon with certain distance Empty points in polygon with certain distance

Post  maciasluis Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:01 am

Hello,
I have serveral polygons (tree areas) and the number of points (tree trunks) per polygon. Now I want to create the number of points in the polygons with a certain distance from the polygon and from the other points.
The Points Dispersion Wizard out of the forum and the animal movement tool do not work.
I can use ArcGIS 9x as well as ArcView 3x.
Thanks for any help!

maciasluis
GIS Geek

Back to top Go down

points in polygon with certain distance Empty Re: points in polygon with certain distance

Post  christopher Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:01 am

Hi Leilah,

Can you explain your problem a bit more, perhaps with a diagram?

Thanks,
Miles
Miles Hitchen
ESRI/Oracle Developer
Geospatial Futures Team
Ordnance Survey
UK

christopher

Back to top Go down

points in polygon with certain distance Empty Re: points in polygon with certain distance

Post  prabhat Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:02 am

Hello Miles,
have a look at the jpg. The polygon (area of trees)on the left hand side includes 14 tree trunks (points), the right one includes 4. I put them in there by using "Create random points" and a dbf with the amount of trunks per polygon. Now I want them not arranged randomly, but with a distance of 6 meter (averaged amplitudeof treetops) of eachother and to the edge of the polygon. A grid over the whole shape does not help, because the points still have to be located in the different polygons.
Do you have any ideas?
prabhat
prabhat
GIS Geek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down